Monday, July 23, 2007

Smokey Mountains ~ Cades Cove


This is one of my favorite shots, taken on my drive through Cades Cove. It was early morning after a rain shower. The smoke that lingers over the mountains was amazing to me. I hope to use some of these photos for references for paintings to do this winter.
The colors on the mountains constantly change with the light through out the day.
I longed for my paints and easel to paint on-site, maybe next trip out, it will be just for that. I already have a few spots in mind. I just want to camp, wake up and paint all day and eat a little dinner and paint some more. I want to completely lose myself in the moment. I need artists in my life, to celebrate the beauty of the moment, who bring vision and hope and dreams...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

national geographic would like your phone number